09 10

Monday 7 July 2014

Dinner Tonight

Tonight's Dinner:

Mini roasted potatoes with cheese and ranch.
Grilled mixed vegetables
Salmon kabobs with lime/balsamic reduction on a cauliflower puree.

Hits:  Lime/balsamic reduction gave just a hint of tartness to the salmon.

Misses:  Cauliflower puree was bland needed more seasoning to add a bit more kick.

I've made these types of potatoes many times, and sometimes added sour cream at the end.  I've never used ranch dressing before, but found this recipe below, and while I liked the taste, I'm not sure it's something I will make again.

I've never tried to make a cauliflower puree before, so wasn't sure what I was supposed to do.  It added a bit of an added flavour layer to the salmon kabobs, but needed maybe some garlic or cayenne pepper to give it more oomph.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Cheesy-Ranch-Potato-Bake/Detail.aspx?evt19=1

Cauliflower Puree:

3/4 cup raw cauliflower
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp garlic powder

Cook cauliflower until mushy.  Add remaining ingredients to blender and blend until smooth.  Spoon in a line onto plates, place salmon skewers on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment