09 10

Saturday 18 October 2014

Baby It's Cold Outside Rum Cider


Full disclosure, it's not quite "cold" outside where I am yet, but there's a definite chill in the air, and I'm not in the mood for cold drinks anymore.  My liquor cabinet is, to put it simply, not very full.  The only thing I have in it right now, other than wine, is spiced rum.

So I thought I would see what I could do with it, while making a different kind of drink for a cool night.

This is pretty simple, and really yummy. With 2 oz of rum in each serving, it can be a bit potent, so go ahead and use less rum and more cider if that's your preference.




Warm Rum Cider


Recipe by Fluudbloggler

Ingredients

  • 4 cups pure apple cider
  • 1 cup (8 oz) spiced rum (I used Captain Morgan's)
  • 1/4 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tsp lemon juice
  • 4 tsp honey (or 4 tsp brown sugar)
  • 1/4 cup orange juice
Cooking Directions

  1. Mix together all ingredients except rum.
  2. Heat in a pan on medium heat (or slow cooker) until warm.
  3. Remove from heat and pour into heat proof glasses.
  4. Add 2 oz of rum to each glass, and stir, then garnish with cinnamon stick or orange peel curls if desired.
  5. Makes 4 servings (2 oz alcohol each) 

How to make orange curls: 
  1. With a potato peeler, slice a thin strip of peel from an orange.
  2. Cut into skinny strips.
  3. Using your finger or a cinnamon stick, curl around and hold for a few minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment