09 10

Wednesday 22 October 2014

Basic Apple Crisp

Sometimes you just need an amazingly good dessert that takes no time at all.  This apple crisp, that I learned how to make in Grade 7, fits that bill.  It's so easy and quick, and everybody you serve it to will love it.

I have to give credit to my middle school Home Ec.  teacher for this recipe.  I wish I could remember her name, but now it's mine and I'm happy to share with you.



Everybody's Favourite Apple Crisp

Recipe by Fluudbloggler
Ingredients
  • 3 apples, cored and paired
  • 4 tbsp sugar
  • 2 tbsp water
  • 1/3 cup brown sugar
  • 4 tbsp soft butter
  • 1/2 cup flour
  • 3/4 cup oatmeal
Cooking Directions
  1. Peel & core apples.
  2. Place apples in the bottom of a baking dish.

  3. Sprinkle water and sugar over top of the apples.
  4. Make crisp topping:
  5. Mix brown sugar, butter, flour and oatmeal together with a fork (or with your hands) until crumbly.
  6. Spread over top of the apples.
  7. Bake in 375 oven for 35 minutes.
  8. Serve warm either plain or with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream. 

No comments:

Post a Comment