09 10

Thursday 13 November 2014

Hand Made Irish Cream

I like a little splash of Irish Cream in my coffee, hot milk, hot chocolate, or vanilla ice cream.  I don`t like how expensive it can be though.  I have tried some of the "wine-based" creams, and while they are fine in a pinch, they still don't have the full-bodied taste of a true Irish Cream.  I recently found a recipe on line that was so easy, I thought I'd try it.  I've seen other "home-made Irish Cream" recipes before, but some of them were complicated, and some of the ingredients difficult to find.  This one is easy, and tastes very rich and creamy.  Don't drink too much, it's strong, it's FULL of calories.  It also can't stay on the shelf without being refrigerated.  Cheers!


Hand-Made Irish Cream

Ingredients
  • 1 2/3 cups whisky any brand (technically you are supposed to use Irish Whisky, but I used Canadian Club)
  • 1 cup whipping (heavy) cream
  • 1 can sweetened condensed milk
  • 2 tbsp Nesquick (or other chocolate syrup)
  • 2 tbsp strong coffee
  • 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
Cooking Directions
  1. Combine all ingredients together in a jug or bowl you can pour easily from.
  2. Blend with immersion blender.
  3. Pour into pretty bottles, or mason jars.
  4. Label (optional).
  5. Refrigerate.
  6. Keeps refrigerated up to two months.

No comments:

Post a Comment